Monday, September 12, 2011

WHY I/WE HAVE TO DO THIS?

An account by Agnes Tan

Mountain climbing is such enjoyable experience.

On a personnal note, I am doing it for health, for friendship and for the love of nature; and it is so with my friends, whom we do this together in Bukit Tabur for the last of many years.

When people asked do I/us if we organised trip up Bukit Tabur ?
We say no.

And they checked why do I/we start the trekkers ?
I just said, from the experience we went through while enjoying that place, we hope to document it so that other trekkers, who needs it, may find it useful.

Then they asked again Am I/are we selling any product or services related to trekking ?
The answer is no.

And when there are people who wants to go up asked me/us, can I go with you and your friends ?

I will said, well I have no problem, but please make sure you don't bother us with your heart attack, or any other health problem because we are not professional to handle you.

We are just hobby maker in trekking.

And so if they come trekking with us, it is alright for us, if they dont come trekking with us, it is also alright with us.

At our age, most of us are retiree and take health as utmost importance, and sharing friendship while enjoying the nature.

And so, the many times of trekking, in the same place, being with friends together for health and friendship and nature, we kind of take note whatever changes happened to the place and the people and the rock and the trees and so is the accidents and the location of it.

I am asking myself, why is it that when accidents happened in Bukit Tabur, why am I/are we so sensitive to this issue ?

I can frankly tell you personally that it related to our unique experience we went through while saving a trekker name Siaw Ching specifically, when she fell off the cliff.

Siaw Ching & I /us can laugh about it now when we looked back, but during the incident, she scared the day light out of me/us then.

We hope others ( parents, family and friends ) dont have to go through that kind of emotion that was really yarky.

There definately is a need for workable solution


for complete story go to this link
Also visit her facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment