Monday, May 9, 2016

MY FAVOURITE HILL MENTION IN THE BIBLE??

Last sunday my Pastor share a portion from the Bible, Judges 4:14 "So Barak went down Mount Tabor, with ten thousand men following him."   Funny I never notice that before. I know it is not the same mountain as the one I goes to at Taman melawati, but it sound like Bukit Tabur and that got me so excited that I shared with all my friends who had gone to bukit tabur and those who had read the bible would appreciate it and knows where I am getting at.
Then I was reminded of another hill in Johore, Gunung Ledang, which is also known as Mount Ophir.
Ophir was mention in the Bible as well .Ophir (/ˈoʊfər/; Hebrew: אוֹפִיר, Modern Ofir, Tiberian ʼÔp̄îr) is a port or region mentioned in the Bible, famous for its wealth. King Solomon received a cargo of gold, silver, sandalwood, pearls, ivory, apes, and peacocks from Ophir every three years. 2 Choricles 9:10 mentions this "Moreover, the servants of Hiram and the servants of Solomon, who brought gold from Ophir, brought algum wood and precious stones."  White there is no concrete proof where Ophir is actually located,but some one from the Philippines believe it is at the Phillipines as share in this video below. Interesting.




Bukit Tabur


3 comments:

  1. How long it takes to summit Bukit Tabur Far East. And then Xtreme.?
    Rgds,

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long it takes to summit Bukit Tabur Far East. And then Xtreme.?
    Rgds,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you doing both at the same day? Average is about 3 to 3.5 hours one peak , but if you are doing both it might be about 5 hours.

      Delete